Build innovative Microsoft SharePoint sites
Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 is designed to help you create and customize Web sites and workflows built with SharePoint Products and Technologies (Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007). It provides all the tools that IT professionals and solution creators need to develop SharePoint-based applications and workflow solutions that enhance organizational agility and business process automation.
Steps involved in creating a typical SharePoint site:
- Page layout and design
- Master page creation
- Cascading style sheets (CSS) edit/apply
- List/Content Type design
- Creation of sample data
- Web Part page creation
- Web Part hookup
- No-code data view/forms
- No-code workflows
Build SharePoint Applications Quickly, Without Writing Server Code
With Office SharePoint Designer 2007, you can design SharePoint workflows and applications without having to use traditional procedural coding languages or techniques. Instead, SharePoint Designer provides you with easy-to-use tools that you can use to:
- Build conditional views and forms with validation.
- Read, write, and present data from a variety of data sources - such as XML files, SQL databases such as Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and Web Services.
- Compile data from multiple sources to create flexible, customized views and reports.
- Build Web Part pages and connect Web Parts to create sophisticated business applications.
Automate Business Processes with Workflow Designer
Office SharePoint Designer 2007 makes it easy to create and modify rules-based workflow applications. With the Workflow Designer tool in Office SharePoint Designer 2007 you can use drop-down lists and check boxes to identify the events that trigger a workflow. You can then specify the actions and responses that follow, and even identify the conditions under which other workflow events will occur.
Customize SharePoint Sites to Meet Your Needs
Office SharePoint Designer 2007 provides an intuitive what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) environment for quickly creating and customizing SharePoint sites and applications. You can take advantage of the power of ASP.NET as well as industry standard Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML) code and cascading style sheets (CSS) to build SharePoint sites that meet your needs and that meet industry standards for browser compatibility and accessibility.
- The WYSIWYG environment enables you to view and modify pages with precise rendering of CSS and ASP.NET technologies.
- Microsoft IntelliSense technologies help eliminate errors when working with CSS, ASP.NET, and XHTML tags. IntelliSense can also suggest commands based on the work you are doing in the Office SharePoint Designer 2007 code view, enabling you to develop pages more quickly and efficiently.
- Support for multiple dockable task panes means that you can work with exactly the information and views that you need to develop sites and applications effectively.
Manage Your SharePoint Sites with Confidence
Site administrators and information technology (IT) managers can control exactly how information workers interact with the SharePoint site and applications, helping to ensure that they do so in a way that complies with IT policies and procedures. Using Office SharePoint Designer 2007 contributor settings, an administrator can modify existing SharePoint roles to:
- Define precisely what users can or cannot do in a SharePoint environment - including what kinds of content they can add, change, or delete; where they can make such changes; whether they can make changes to master pages and CSS; whether they can access the code view, and more.
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later, or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later
- 700 MHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 1.5 GB of available Hard Disk space, a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution moinitor
Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 eligibility Upgrade is for existing licensed users of one of the following products: Microsoft FrontPage 2000-2002, Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003, Microsoft Works 6.0-10, Microsoft Works Suite 2000-20006 or later, Any 2000-2007 Microsoft Office suite, Any Microsoft Office XP suite.